Sunday, July 23, 2006

Screening of Getting Lucky @ Dances with Films


It's Sunday and a very hot day in Los Angeles. Not only is it hot, (in the high 90's) but there is a great deal of humidity as well. Highly unusual for California weather.
I'm getting ready for the screening of Getting Lucky today. A couple of my friends, Mary Salardino (who helped on the production) and Kim Estes (who plays one of the dates in the film) have invited me to brunch. I meet up with them at a popular cafe just down the street for the theatre. They are seated outside and I take a chair--- luckily in the shade. I chat with them for awhile and then start to head towards the theatre to get ready for the screening.

I get to the theatre and thank goodness for air conditioning as the heat outside is becoming oppressive. Actually, many people are seeking refuge from the heat and coming into the theatre, which is very exciting as the theatre is packed. I see a few of my friends beginning to arrive and line up for tickets to see my film! What a great moment seeing someone buying tickets to view your film! It's great to see so many people come out and support the film. Not only did many of my friends make it to the screening, but also several of the cast and crew came as well.

The screening went exceptionally well. Getting Lucky was screened with 4 other short films. There were some wonderful films in this screening segment and I was very pleased and proud to have Getting Lucky be a part of some terrific films at this particular festival. The theatre was about 2/3rd's full. That's about 250-300 people viewing the selected films!

Afterwards, the filmmakers were invited up on stage for a Q&A and to sign the Dances with Films Festival poster. Several people came up to me afterwards to ask me about my film, including some media representatives. How thrilling!

This is an amazing experience to have Getting Lucky be a part of so many wonderful festivals, and to have the film screened at Dances with Films here in LA where the film was shot, is especially sweet.

A spectacular experience; one that I will never forget!

No comments: