Friday, July 14, 2006

Helensburgh




I had a 1/2 day left in Coatsbridge and the ladies at the hotel/B&B (pictured above and whom I've come to know) suggested I go to Helensburgh, a quaint seaside town about an hour from the area.
It was a lovely train ride as I was going through the countryside and could begin to smell the fresh, crisp, sea air. All sorts of farmland and animals were dotted along the fields as I made my trek towards the Atlantic Ocean.

Helensburgh was especially busy today as it was extremely warm (for Scotland) and many people were out and about; either shopping in the town center or getting in line for the rides down at the amusement park on the pier. I strolled along the boardwalk and sat near the beach; watching the locals and taking in the atmosphere. It was a wonderful way to spend my last day in Scotland at this beautiful, relaxing seaside town.

No comments: