Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back in London




Another gorgeous day in London. I got in quite late last evening and therefore, I'm moving a bit slow today. I was planning to take a trip to either Brighton or Stratford upon Avon, however, since I had done so much traveling in Scotland, I decided to relax in London. These are just a few photos taken on my last day in the city. The first one is Picadilly Circus at night. The one below that is Picadilly during the day at the statue or Eros, (God of Love) a common meeting place for Londoners. The third photo is Trafalger Square; built as a testament of the Battle of Trafalger where England decisively defeated Napoleon in 1805 off the coast of Spain. Many Londoners congregate at this square to ring in the New Year---much like NYC and Time Square.
Near by are many West End theatres including the Old Vic Theatre, Royal National Theatre Company (founded by Sir Lawrence Olivier) and the Savoy Theatre, to name a few. In the background, you can see Big Ben and a portion of the House of Parliament.

No comments: