Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Heading across the pond!

It's 2:45am and I'm packing for Scotland. It's a bit surreal as I gather my clothes, passport, electrical gadgets, etc. and try to fit it all in a carry-on. Do I have everything? It's been awhile since I've gone on such a trip. I studied in London during college and haven't been back since. I'm looking forward to it---immensely.

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind. So much to do in so little time. I believe I'm averaging 4 hours sleep per night. Well, if nothing else, the long flight will allow me to catch up on some z's.

Several hours ago, my friend Hope was kind enough to pick me up, fight traffic, and drive us to the beach. We had dinner by the ocean while the fireworks sprang forth through the air. The Kettle One dirty martini did me some good as it momentarily quieted my racing mind. A perfect way to celebrate the 4th. She's such a mench!

As I write, I'm listening to Dave Mathews' Dreamgirl on my video pod. The song takes me away for a few, brief minutes from the tasks/chores that are demanding my attention. Hmm... I'll listen to it one more time...
I was hoping to download some more music; in particular James Blunt. However, it's apparently not meant to be. Perhaps I'll meet James in London (I'll be there for a couple of days before I travel up to Scotland) and he can offer up a song in person. I'm sure he would oblige.

Dreamgirl has just finished and Steady As We Go is now playing. An appropriate song for me and the commencement of this journey.

I suppose I should get back to packing--- in particular, my computer, and yes, try and squeeze a couple of hours of sleep.
I hope this finds you well. I'll write more once touch down in London!

No comments: