Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Getting Lucky wins Best Short Film!!!



The Awards ceremony took place at the Estes Park Lodge. The lodge overlooks a beautiful lake and it is, of course, surrounded by the mountains.

Cliff got up to annouce the award for Best Short Film. All the films were exceptional and to be honest, I was happy just to be a part of such an amazing film festival, see incredible films, and meet some wonderful people and filmmakers. Cliff got to the podium and spoke. "The top 3 short films for Best Short Film are: Escape Velocity, 3:16, and Getting Lucky. And the winner of for Best Short Film is...... Getting Lucky!

I was taken aback. I made my way through the crowd, reached the podium and gave Cliff a big hug as he handed me a microphone so that I could make a speech...
Hmm... maybe I should of prepared something just in case. When in doubt, go with your heart-- And that's what I did, I spoke from the heart.

People came up to me afterwards to congratulate me and told me how moved they were by my speech. Several people from the Colorado Film Commission talked to me about shooting my next film in Colorado. With such beauty all around along with some nice filming incentivies--it may be a good idea.

The photos and party began soon thereafter and we were there until the early morning. Above are the filmmakers who received various awards, including: Best Documentary, Best New Filmmakers, Best Actor and Best Student Film.

Some wonderful and talented filmmakers and I'm happy to have met them and to have Getting Lucky be a part of an incredible line up of films. Special thank you's are in order to: Cliff Armitage, Sean Doherty, Jenna McGregor, Estes Park Film Festival and the people of Estes Park. I truly loved being a part of your film festival and meeting such wonderful people in your beautiful city. Congratulations to everyone! Cheers!!!

No comments: