Saturday, September 16, 2006

Screening of Getting Lucky @ Estes Park


The day appeared daunting as the rain continue to come down at a steady pace. The sun, however, came out and the clouds cleared by noon. The city was packed as local artisans came into the center square to sell their goods. The town was alive and bussling. Many people came to the opening night of the film festival last night and attendance has been exceptional.

When I arrive at the theatre, there were numerous people there to check out the line up of today's films. I have been very impressed with the films I'd seen thus far.

Sean Doherty, Cliff Armitage, and Jenna McGregor are the festival directors and coordinators. They welcomed me with open arms and made me feel right at home in this beautiful city. They also commented on how much they enjoyed Getting Lucky and were happy to have the film be a part of their festival.

I had some time before the screening of Getting Lucky so I decided to shop around and check out some of the local artists at the fair in the center of town. There were all kinds of art available including: photos, paintings, sculptures and instruments.

It was 4:00pm and decided to make my way back to the theater for the screening of Getting Lucky which was @ 4:30pm. I arrived at the theater to find that the screening was sold out! Close to 200 people were there to see the short film program.

As the program started, I saw some incredible films, people were really enjoying themselves and having a good time.

Getting Lucky was next. I held my breath. Within the first 2 minutes, the audience began laughing. From there, the laughter continued to grow louder and louder until the audience was howling with the final date between Kat and Leo! I was ecstatic that the film was receiving such a wonderful response!

Afterwards, they had all the filmmakers come up on stage and introduce themselves as well as have a Q&A. It was an incredible event and screening and I feel honored and blessed to have been a part of it all. Thank you Sean, Cliff, Jenna and Estes Park. Now it's time to celebrate at Ed Cantina!

No comments: